How can you hide your ip address on Mozilla FireFox? Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how to hide your IP address on FireFox using proxy servers.
A proxy server hides your real IP address by masking it before your request reaches a website, but it does eliminate the need to connect to your ISP with your real IP.
Hide IP Address on Mozilla Firefox Step-By-Step Guide
- Open your FireFox web browser. On the menu on the top please select the following: Tools, Options, Advanced, Network, and then Connection Settings.
- Put a check in the box labeled “Manual Proxy Configuration”
- Put a check in the box labeled “Use this proxy for all protocols”
- Under the HTTP Proxy field, enter “relay.testproxy.org”, without the quotes. Under the Port field, enter 8231.
- Click Ok to exit dialog boxes
- Go to MyIPAddress.com to confirm that the proxy was able to hide your IP address. When you try surfing to other sites, you’ll see a note that this proxy is limited to educational uses, along with some authorized IP-verifying links.
- Now you know how to change your IP address with a proxy, you just need to find a proxy that is not an “educational/test proxy” as the one provided above. Below is a link for some free and fee-based resources.
If you hide your IP address using free proxies, keep your antivirus updated and avoid submitting any passwords or other sensitive info unless you’re on a secure (https://) website.